- What are T Levels?
What are T Levels?
T Levels: An introduction.
T levels are new qualifications which are aimed at filling current gaps in the employment market.
- These are a new suite of qualifications and referred to as Technical qualifications.
- They initially started teaching in September 2019 and will role out more courses.
- By 2022 there are 15 technical courses planned, with the possibility of future courses to be added to the list.
- 11 of the courses will be delivered as 2 year courses in an FE establishment with the remaining 4 qualifications available through an apprenticeship route only.
The courses that are currently offered are:
- Agriculture,Environmental and Animal care
- Business and Administrative
- Catering and Hospitality
- Childcare and Education
- Creative and Design
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Hair and Beauty
- Health and Science
- Legal, Financing and Accounting
The following are Apprenticeship routes only:
- Protective Services
- Sales, Marketing and Procurement
- Social Care
- Transport and Logistics
The following video provides a brief overview of the Technical Qualifications
For further information the following government website may be of use:
T Levels | The Next Level Qualification