What is Operation Encompass?
Operation Encompass is the implementation of key partnership working between Cleveland Police, Local Authorities and nominated ‘Key Adults’ in schools.
How does Operation Encompass help our students and their families?
The Operation Encompass Officer will inform the ‘Key Adults’, prior to the commencement of the school day, of the following information:
- The fact that the police were called out in the last 24 hours, during school term week days (or if the incident was over the weekend, the school will be informed on the Monday) to a domestic abuse incident and a child was present, witnessed or was involved in it
- The police reference number
- The time and date of the incident
- Brief circumstances surrounding the event
- The name and date of birth of any child from that school who was present, witnessed or was involved in the incident when it took place, and
- Any other relevant safeguarding information that may assist the school to provide early intervention support to the child being referred.