Year 7 Catch-up Premium
The Literacy and Numeracy Catch-Up Premium provides academies with additional funding for each Year 7 student who did not achieve the expected standard in reading and maths at the end of Key Stage 2.
In 2018 to 2019 All Saints Academy received the same overall amount of Year 7 Catch-Up Premium funding per student they received in 2017. Allocations were calculated from information received from feeder primary schools about students’ performance in the Key Stage 2 assessments.
In 2017 the academy received £6,500 Literacy & Numeracy Catch-Up Premium funding for Year 7 students which was used to:
- provide intensive individual small group tuition in addition to classroom teaching by Maths and English specialists
- purchase books to support the Monoporead Programme
- Individualised Maths Programme
We assess the effect on attainment in Literacy & Numeracy through:
- moderation of key assessments in writing and reading and maths
- “MathSpace” software which measures performance related to new GCSE Levels
Outcomes of Student Progress (2017-18)
100% of Catch-Up Premium students made the required progress in Literacy by the end of Year 7
100% of Catch-Up Premium students made the required progress in Numeracy by the end of Year 7