Year 7 Catch-up Premium
The Literacy and Numeracy Catch-Up Premium provides academies with an additional £500 for each Year 7 student who did not achieve at least Level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of Key Stage 2.
In 2016 to 2017 schools will receive the same overall amount of year 7 catch-up premium funding they received in 2015 to 2016. Allocations can be calculated from information received from feeder primary schools about students’ performance in the Key Stage 2 assessments.
In 2015-16 the academy received £6,500 Literacy & Numeracy Catch-Up Premium funding for 13 Year 7 students which was used to:
- provide intensive individual small group tuition in addition to classroom teaching by Maths and English specialists
- purchase books to support the Monoporead Programme
- Individualised Maths Programme
We assess the effect on attainment in Literacy & Numeracy through:
- moderation of key assessments in writing and reading and maths
- “MathSpace” software which measures performance related to new GCSE Levels
Outcomes of Student Progress (2015-16)
100% of Catch-Up Premium students made the required progress in Literacy by the end of Year 7
100% of Catch-Up Premium students made the required progress in Numeracy by the end of Year 7